Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day!

Not enough has happened to give you your much needed daily blog, but I suppose it's about time to fill you in on the happenings around here.

Last week, we got a call from Sherrie telling us that since we had a roof on our house it would be a good idea to look into locking our rate.  Originally, we had been quoted a 4% interest rate, but when Adam talked to Dean (our NVR Mortgage Rep) the rate was down to 3.75% and there was a cash back towards closing incentive.  We were pretty excited about that, because we weren't expecting any incentive and it'll take our monthly payment down about $20 which is really nice.  In order for us to lock in our rate, we had to give Dean a "closing date" which we hadn't been able to get out of John (Proj. Manager) yet.  After some prompting he finally gave us March 28th or 29th.  Ugh.  Totally not what we wanted to hear.  That'll give us about 2 days to move and clean the house we're in now.  Hopefully they get their little heinies in gear and make up for lost time. 

When Adam talked to John about the closing date, he also told us we'd have our pre-drywall meeting this Friday, Feb 24th (or next Monday - depending on if they'd be able to get all of the inspections they needed done today since it's a holiday - lets hope for Friday)!

Before our pre-drywall meeting we were supposed to meet with Guardian and do a walk-through with them to discuss where the cable and internet jacks would go, along with Adam's speakers, subwoofer, etc.  We actually e-mailed Sherrie last night asking her to give us Ron's contact information (our Guardian contact) so we could set up a time to meet with him.  This morning, before we even got a response from Sherrie, Adam got a phone call from Ron saying one of his men was at the house and needed one of us to go do the walk through.  Talk about last minute! Guess it wasn't just us, though.  Ron got a phone call this morning, too, saying it was time for Guardian to get over there and work their magic. Luckily, I'm off work today for the holiday and was able to race up there.

The walk through with Jeff (from Guardian) was barely 5 minutes.  Guess technically we didn't have to be there, but it was nice to see the house in the daylight (and walk through it legally - haha).  I had my mom meet me up there and we walked around inside and outside for a bit, talked to one of the workers (Ian, who was very nice).  It was funny, when we left there were only 3 people working on the house (two guys working on the heat and a/c ducts, and Jeff from Guardian).  I went over to my mom's to grab lunch, and an hour later when I drove past on my way home there was a semi-truck in the driveway from an electrical company, another van for heating and a/c, and the Guardian van.  I guess they plan on getting a lot done inside today!

There hasn't been too much visible progress on the house (at least not from the outside).  Since I've last updated, they've finished the roof and garage and finished putting in all of the plumbing rough-in's as wells as our bath tubs.  I'm pretty excited to see what's been done today when we drive by again later tonight! I'll probably update again after the pre-drywall meeting.  In the meantime, here are some pictures to enjoy :-)
 We've got a garage door (see below)!
 The next picture shows the completely finished roof (over garage and front door, as well)...
The following pictures are just random plumbing pipes that are run throughout our house.  I thought it was pretty neat. It reminded me of Blue Man Group - but not as fun.  And you couldn't talk through one tube and have someone hear you through another tube on the other side of the room. 

 Here is our extra bathroom tub!
 And last, but not least, is a picture of me standing in my tub! Oversized masterbath soaking tub.  Sighs.  I can't wait.  For my birthday my mother-in-law and sister-in-law got me lots of things to use for my new tub - bubbles, wine, candles, chocolate, new towels, etc.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment